There is no Christmas Treat more festive than a Christmas decorated cookie, who agrees?
These cookies bake so quick, making it the perfect Christmas activity as your time can be spent on the fun decorative part!
Load up the oven with a LARGE batch of cookies and you’ll be going all afternoon with decorating. Put on your favourite Christmas film and get decorating. Comment below what you’d put on yours? I loved the cute reindeer ones.
I was instantly put into the Christmas spirit making these, so I hope you enjoy it too!
Don’t forget to press the ‘follow’ button at the bottom of this page to be notified when I post. If you don’t want to miss out on any Blogmas content then that’s the way to do it.
Recipe makes about 25 cookies…
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated white sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 cups all purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 180C
2. Cream together butter and sugar until smooth (at least 3 minutes)
3. Beat in extracts and egg
4. In separate bowl, sieve flour and mix in baking powder.
5. Add a little of dry mixture at a time to wet mixture (dough will be tough)
6. When the dough becomes too tough for the mixer, move to a worktop and with wet hands, finish off kneading the dough by hand.
DO NOT CHILL THE DOUGH
7. Divide into smaller batches and roll out onto floured surface, ¼ inch thickness
8. Cut cookie shapes
9. Bake for 6-8 mins at 180 C
10. Allow to cool until firm before moving to a cooling rack
What I used for decoration:
• White icing
• Food colouring (red, green, black and orange)
For a classier look, try decorating by half dipping the cookies in melted chocolate and covering in sprinkles before they set.
Please like and comment if you found this post useful or want to try this recipe. Also, don’t forget to follow me to avoid missing out on more content when I post.
All links to my social media are below ⬇️ as always I’d love to hear from you and see pictures of your cookies so don’t hesitate to get in touch.