Recipe and Method
The perfect ‘warm me up’ winter dish.
I love a good homemade soup, especially on a cold day when it’s wet and rainy outside and you’re warm and toasty, wrapped up in a blanket inside with the candles burning and your favourite Netflix series on.
Is it just me, or did that make you feel all cosy inside!
Autumn, Winter or even Summer…. This recipe is easy to make, so nutritious and perfect for meal prepping as you can divide into containers and freeze for a later date.
Leave a comment below if you’d like more ‘freezable/use later’ recipes like this.
Get the hob on and lets get right to it.
You will need……
- Oven hob
- 1 Large pan
- Sharp Knife
- Chopping Board
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tin of chickpeas
- 3 cups vegetable stock (add more to make a thinner soup)
- 1 ½ tbsp ground coriander
- 3 medium carrots (add more to make a thicker soup)
- Salt and pepper season to taste
In order of ingredients…
- First, heat the vegetable oil in the pan and finely chopped onion and garlic. Start to fry the onion, shortly adding the garlic and cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add the chickpeas and allow them to fry in the garlic for a minute.
- Add vegetable stock, ground coriander and carrots then bring to the boil.
- Once boiled, reduce the heat and allow to simmer.
- Cover and leave to cook for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly (unless your blender will withstand hot substances, in which case, skip the cooling stage)
- Add the contents of the pan to the blender and blend until smooth. This may need to be done in two batches to avoid overloading the blender.
- Return the soup to the pan, add salt and pepper and re-heat before serving.
Please let me know if you try this recipe, or if you adding anything different, I’d love to know what you think.
“To feel safe and warm on a cold, wet night, all you really need is soup.” ~ Laurie Colwin
Stay warm this winter ❄️
For FREE printable CLICK HERE